June 8, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 7th
Platform: PC and PS4

I had another evening filled with Overwatch matches. I played with my friend, then later my brother again. I played well for the most part, usually as Reinhardt, though I had a few matches as Lucio and even one match as Mercy.

Mercy is really interesting and fun to play. She is a very strong, single target healer that works best when paired with a tank. Unfortunately, she can't fight much. I mean, she has a little pistol, but it's almost useless. So Mercy is great, but only when protected by her team. Her damage boosting beam is also very useful on most offensive and defensive characters, though she can't heal at the same time.

Of course, her biggest asset is her amazing ultimate skill that revives all nearby teammates. It can turn the tide of battle more than any other skill in the game. She can also fly to a teammate and she can float while falling down, but I haven't gotten the hang of that stuff yet. I think I did pretty well with her, but I need to spend more time with her.
This match was amazing
I also had a very tense, amazingly fun king of the hill match as Reinhardt. In fact, I think it might be my strongest performance in a match yet, even though we lost in the end. At 32 eliminations, 18 objective kills, 2:22 objective time, 9042 damage done, 13 deaths and 15159 damage blocked, I feel like it was a really good game for me. Obviously, that wouldn't have been possible without a good team. We had a good Lucio to heal, a very good Mei to block off areas and slow down enemies and a smart McCree that loved standing behind my shield. The action was constant and he back and forth between the two teams was very satisfying.