June 21, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 19th and 20th
Platform: PS4

Well, Overwatch has pretty much taken over my entire gaming time. The fact that I can play it with my brothers helps a lot of course... We also have a new player, a friend, who bought the game recently. He likes to play mostly as Roadhog, but also seems pretty good with Pharah. As Roadhog, he's pretty good overall, getting lots of hooks and positioning himself rather well overall.

This also means that I end up healing more often than tanking these days. It kind of sucks honestly, since I really like to play as Reinhardt, but we seem to always be missing a fucking healer... On the bright side, I'm a real badass with Mercy now. I heal everyone that stays with the group, I keep tanks up through insane damage pushes and I revive people often. I don't "conserve" my ultimate with Mercy because it charges very quickly and makes a huge difference in the match. I even bought a cool skin for her!
Games like these are why I love playing Reinhardt
My real love is for Reinhardt though. I finally had enough credits to buy a legendary skin, so I bought Stoneheart, a piece of armor that looks like it's made of stone and exposes the big German's face. When I play him, if we have a healer, I can change the entire tide of battle by pushing those pesky offensive characters back with my huge shield. I'm also more offensive than ever with him. A well timed offensive push with Reinhardt can be terrifying for the enemy team.

My brothers are still using the same characters. One is often Widowmaker or Junkrat, though he's played Mercy a few times, while the other will usually play Tracer, Pharah, Soldier, Lucio or Mercy. I love it when he plays the support classes, he's a smart player, so we usually end up coordinating very well together.