June 5, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 4th
Platform: PC

I didn't have that much time to play yesterday, but I still managed to get a few matches in. I did well with Reinhardt, as usual. I also spent some time with Winston during a match where we already had a tank, a healer and offensive heroes. I figured Winston would be a good fit for the team.

Winston's ultimate
Winston is a gorilla and a scientist who has devised his own weapons. He has a booster pack on his back that allows him to jump a long distance very quickly. It deals a little bit of damage upon landing, but nothing dangerous. He also has a bubble shield that is similar to Reinhardt's barrier except that it's much weaker and has a pretty heavy cool down. He has a short range electricity weapon that doesn't deal that much damage, but is still useful, usually from inside the bubble. Finally, his ultimate is kind of a berserk mode where Winston becomes consumed with rage as he cobbles his opponents with his fists. Again, this doesn't deal much damage, but it knocks people back.

It's really hard to play as Winston. He required a lot of effort and careful planning to be efficient. However, he's really good at just jumping to the front lines, wrecking some shit for a moment, then getting the hell out. A few times, I was able to disrupt the front line just long enough for my team to make a push. The timing is real tricky though, since Winston doesn't really kill anyone on his own. I like his mobility though, and I feel like spending more time with him.