June 23, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 20th and 21st
Platform: PS4 and PC

I love Overwatch. I really do. I tank or heal and barely ever play defense or attack characters. Still, even with that, I often find myself in groups that refuse to play as healers or tanks. This means that way too often, I'm a healer without a tank or a tank without a healer.

There always seems to be a Genji, a McCree, a Reaper, a Tracer, a Widowmaker, a Hanzo, a Junkrat. I think people don't want to win. I'm really good at both healing and tanking, but I can't do either without someone else picking up the other role. I still had a few amazing matches, including one where we had a good Symmetra while I played as Reinhardt. She was good with putting up teleporters, so that sort of mitigated the lack of a healer, and we won. So it's possible to win without a healer, but it's extraordinary.

I played with one of my brothers for a while, and with one of my friends also. I even tried the new weekly brawl, but it was awful. The brawl limits character selection to defensive heroes only. I picked Bastion and Junkrat, but it was fucking hopeless. It was still funny to see a bunch of defensive characters try to capture a point though.