June 9, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: June 8th
Platform: PC and PS4

As usual, I played a lot of Overwatch last night, some of it with my friend on PC. I played a lot of Reinhardt, and some Lucio and was pretty good as usual. However, there's a major problem with Overwatch, and it's that too many people want to play offensive characters, or even defensive characters. There simply aren't enough tanks and healers.

I pretty much play exclusively as healers or tanks, but even then, it happens way too often that I'll pick a tank, and we get no healers, or I'll pick a healer, and we get no tank. I just don't understand. Shit, I even played as Roadhog a bit because he can heal himself, I was so desperate for a healer... It's frustrating.

I played as Mercy for a bit, and while she is a really powerful healer, especially with her ultimate that revives everyone, she's also extremely vulnerable if unprotected. The match I played with her, our tank was a D. Va and that fucking bitch would run away as soon as enemies got close, so I got destroyed by Pharah, Winston and Widowmaker constantly.
I guess I'll play Roadhog if we don't have a healer...
As Roadhog, I had fun, but without a healer, our team still got decimated like little bitches. His hook is fun, but hard to aim. His shotgun is really powerful too, but he's big and slow. Later in the evening, I switched to PS4 and I had better luck, having real tanks and healers. I did amazingly well when we had a good Mercy on our team, even a Zenyatta was good enough to keep the team alive. The difference between a good team composition and a bad one is incredible in this game.

If you're a dude that always picks an offensive or defensive character, no matter what your team looks like, you're a shit player. Go play Call of Duty.