March 7, 2011

NHL 11

Date played: March 5th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Again, playing with my two friends, we popped NHL 11 in.  It turns out, I hadn't played this game since getting my new hard drive so my profile, updates and rosters had been deleted.  Not only that but this game is a user interface nightmare.

First, you can't skip the tutorial.  That meant 5 or 6 minutes going through useless junk.  Seocnd, it took me like 3 minutes to just find the option in the menus to get roster updates.  At least it was updated March 3rd so it included anything that was done up to the trade deadline.

On to the game.  We split the teams up randomly and we played two games.  We won the first one 4-1 and lost the second 8-3.  The first game I think we won because the other person had problems with faceoffs but she picked it up in the second game.  It seems like it's always tougher to win when playing with another human because it's more difficult to time passes and coordinate zone entry.  Also, my partner wasn't really that good as she would often just do a slap shot on the goalie with no follow-up.


We played as Ottawa (who is much better in game than in real life!) and the other team was Colorado in Nordiques jerseys.