March 7, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2

Date played: March 4th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played:  45 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, we finally completed the first world and unlocked online play and created levels.  The last few levels of the first world are interesting but I'm getting really frustrated with some prize bubbles I can't get.  I don't know if I'm missing something but some of them seem impossible.  I think some might be related to "sticker" puzzles.  I don't know how to identify areas that need me to put a sticker on it.

Oh God please give my girlfriend some skills.
Anyway, after killing a cool looking boss, we went online to try some random levels.  It turns out there are a lot of levels that aren't side scrolling platformers.  We played a pinball level that was well made but wasn't built for two players so we ended up overlapping each other's inputs.  We then "played" a level that was essentially a short movie, complete with cheesy voice acting made by the creator.  It also seems that people are making music for their levels which is really awesome!

Then we played a moon lander clone that required both of us to succeed in order to proceed to the next level.  I got to the end in two tries but my girlfriend could not successfully navigate the path after about twenty tries.  We quit out.

The last one was a cool twin stick shooter where we had to shoot robots and had lasers, missiles and grenades to throw.  That one was really well made and we both enjoyed it.