March 7, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops

Date played: March 5th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 150 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I will need to give some context for this one otherwise it won't make much sense.  I initially played a few matches from home with two of my friends.  We didn't play for very long but we had some strong games.  I even had one TDM game where I had 40 kills, more than half the points required to win.  That was my top amount of kills ever in TDM.

After that, we actually had a bit of a PS3 party.  I brought my PS3, trusty Tritton AX720 headset and my old 32 inch LCD TV from my basement to my friends place who already has two 42 inch wall mounted TV's next to each other and they both have surround headsets as well.  We all connected to PSN and played CoD for about two hours.

We had a few fun games then we received an invite from some random guy to do a 3vs3 clan match.  We played three matches against them and lost 2 out of 3.  The first two matches were TDM, one on Nuketown and the other on Firing Range.  We got beat 5000-4300 in Nuketown and 5000-4800 on Firing Range.  We actually had a lot of back and forth on that game and almost won.  Overall, we had lots of fun.  Their guys were mostly running SMG's and AR's.  They were also good at shooting down our aircraft and even our care package choppers.

The last match, we agreed to do a sniper only match on Nuketown.  We actually won this as we discovered one of our players was really good with snipers!  I was average, getting about 10 kills and 10 deaths.  I had made a class with the WAS2000 but I did much better when I picked up an PSG1 from an enemy.

Awesome.
We also played two Nazi Zombie games and that was cool but I wouldn't really play it more, I prefer human opponents.