March 13, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Date played: March 12th
Platform: Wii
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, I was tired of playing with others I guess.  I also didn't want to play something that required intense concentration as I was still sick.  I decided SMG 2 was a good solution to my problems.  While I haven't played this game in a while, I don't really know why I haven't played it more.  I guess I had other games I wanted to play first.

Boomsday Machine!
This game is the perfect example of a no-commitment piece of entertainment.  It doesn't have a big narrative, the controls don't have a big learning curve and the levels are short.

I got 6 stars from my session, including a Grand Star from Bowser Jr's boomsday machine which turned out to be a pretty cool fight.  I also played one Fluzzard level which I still hate with a passion due to the shitty controls.  I think I'll play some more, we'll see.