March 3, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2

Date played: March 2nd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, we tried LBP 2 in co-op.  The intro movie was pretty cool since it's live action.  Before starting to play, we customized our characters a little bit but there wasn't a lot of options available right off the bat.

Play, Create, Share
We played three story levels and there are a few notable differences from the first game.  For one, there is voice acting.  It's not particularly good and not all lines of dialogue are voiced which is a little distracting.  The first few levels were interesting and had some cool mechanics with the grapple.  It's a bit difficult to get the momentum right when trying to reach some of the prize bubbles but we'll figure it out.

One thing that was really disappointing was that we couldn't even play created levels from the community.  It seems we have to play more story missions before that is available.  Frankly, that sucks.

My girlfriend liked it too and I can't wait to play some more.  I also got my first idea for a level.  I never even tried making levels in the first game but I really want to try it this time around.  I want to make a robot themed level and play it with Daft Punk's Robot Rock. :-)

We'll see if that pans out hehe....