March 25, 2011

World of Warcraft

Date played: March 24th
Platform: PC
Time played: 80 minutes
Session fun rating: 3/10

You know, I think I truly hate this game.   Really, I love the mechanics, I love the classes, I love the races, I love the cities and I love the setting.  However, I hate playing with idiots.  I know how to play this game, I know how to play a healer (this is my third one) but I have never found a way to deal with bad players.

I ran two dungeons last night.  The first one, I came in and half the instance was completed.  No problem.  This was the highest level wing of Dire Maul.  The problem was the tank, a Blood Elf pally.  He was pretty good overall but then he decided that it would be a good idea to get agro on five ogres and a demon.  I healed and because he had too many monsters on him, I got agro from two of the ogres.  He didn't make an effort to help and we wiped.

I asked him, "Why? Why would you pull agro on six enemies?".  His reply?  "Just heal.".  Fucking dick.  I told him to fuck off and we kept going.  We eventually cleared the instance without many other problems but the guy kept giving me shit the whole way, which I ignored.  At the end of the instance, I put up a lightwell for the last boss.  I have a macro that explains how to use it briefly when I cast it.

Fuck you WoW nerds of the world.  I've had enough of you.
The Hunter didn't realize it was a macro and told me "Stop typing stuff and do your job.  Heal."  This is kind of the whole reason why I hate this game.  I don't have any guild members around my level (47 now) or any friends that are playing on this server.  At least I got a new wand out of the run. :-(

The second dungeon was Stratholme Live.  While this was a somewhat more enjoyable, the tank, another pally, was a bit distracted.  On many occasions, he would continue on to get the next set of mobs without noticing that our hunter was struggling to keep one last mob off of me because the tank didn't even notice that monster in the first place.  We wiped once but it was an honest mistake from a DPS who walked a bit too far ahead and aggroed another group.  I did get a new pair of shoulder armor so I guess that's good.

While I was waiting for some people to walk back from the graveyard in the first run, I logged on to Blizzard's website and cancelled my account.  I still have about three weeks left so I'll probably play a bit more but I think I'm done with this game again.  I think I'm done with god damned MMO's.