March 17, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2

Date played: March 13th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

STUDY!
Well, I decided I wanted to try making a level.  What better way to start than to do some tutorials?  Well, it turns out that this level creator is way more complex than I imagined and I spent about 45 minutes doing tutorials and I'm not even half-way done with them yet.

On the plus side, they are quite interesting.  The narrator provides some humor and you can unlock some prize bubbles for completing some sections of the tutorial.

The level creator seems like it is very powerful.  You can make skinny objects, fat objects, shiny objects, etc.  You can also glue stuff together, makes holes in things, create AI friends or enemies, light things on fire or even turn them into poison gas!  There is so much to do here, it is very overwhelming.

I think my first level will have to be a simple concept just so I can get used to the tools.