March 21, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2

Date played: March 20th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 45 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

My girlfriend loves cake levels.  Weird fetish, I know.
I played this with my girlfriend for a little bit and we played about three story levels from the second world.  I'm really liking the story mode in the sequel compared to the original.  There is more variety and the levels are more interesting.

One thing I don't really like though is the actual story and voice acting.  It's corny, boring and pointless.  I just wanna play some damn levels!  Two of the levels we played were about cake.  That's gotta count for something right?  My girlfriend really enjoyed shooting cupcakes out of the "cakeinator".  It actually made for some interesting levels where we had to build platforms with our cake gun.  It also has a really cool visual effect when the cakes dissolve.  They kind of turn to goo.

I also unlocked a cool steampunk kind of outfit which I used for a bit.  I love this game so much.