March 1, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: February 28th
Platform: PS4

I decided to tackle one of the dungeons that I haven't seen yet, Crestholm Channels. Located East of Hammerhead, it's a dungeon set inside some sewers and it's a real maze. There are many, many paths here, each with it's own set of daemons to defeat. There are paths that are blocked by ladders, locked doors and other obstacles.

The objective is to find 4 power stations throughout the dungeon to open a secret door at the bottom of the sewers. It took me a good long time to navigate this place, longer than any other dungeon, though I wasn't very efficient about it really... Anyway, eventually, I fought the boss, a huge dragon that sends out fire rain. He wasn't that hard, and I've been abusing Armiger and Overwhelm, so fights are getting easier. For my efforts, I was rewarded with some new headlights for the Regalia that make it so I can drive the car at night without fighting daemons.
The boss of Crestholm Channels
Just outside the dungeon was the location of a photo mission, so I did that, then picked up the next photo mission. This led me to the three military bases scattered through the world for pictures. I only did two of them so far though. I'm getting pretty close to that platinum trophy, all that's missing are a few Royal Arms, defeating Adamantoise and bringing my survival level to maximum.