March 15, 2017

Fast RMX

Date played: March 14th
Platform: Switch

I was watching hockey last night (Go Sens Go!) and played a few races of Fast RMX during commercials and intermissions. I played one of the cups I had previously completed to get 1st place on it. It seems that knowing the tracks is really important, because I got 1st place rather easily and I struggled to stay in 3rd the first time I did it.
This track is challenging
I am starting to see that I like crafts that are light and have high acceleration and boost, with top speed being much lower priority for me. This is because it makes it a lot easier to recover from crashes, shunts and airtime. The low weight also helps a lot with maneuverability. Maybe later I'll prefer faster ships, but I doubt it.

I tried the next cup and it's 3 new tracks. I struggled, barely placing 3rd. Then I tried again and placed 1st once and 3rd twice. I will need to try again and learn the tracks some more before I have a shot at first place...  One of the tracks has big fighter jets flying over it, which looks really cool. I also has some parts of the track that are "swinging", kind of like a playground swing, making it even more dangerous.

Fast RMX is a better game than I expected!