March 29, 2017

Horizon Zero Dawn

Date played: March 28th
Platform: PS4

My brother came over last night and was curious to see what all the hype was about with Horizon, so I booted it up and played a few minutes. I began by starting a quest with Erend, who is still looking for his sister Ersa. I met with the Sun-King, and he seems like a cool dude. We have a lead now, so I'll infiltrate an enemy camp and try to find a man that has information.

I fast travelled to the nearest campfire and started making my way north towards the quest. I stumbled upon a corrupted zone and it was a real hard one, maybe the hardest fight I've done in the game so far. There were a big group of Snapmaws, maybe 3 or 4, and a Longleg.

It was going really well... I had a Snapmaw on my side and was taking potshots at the corrupted machines, when all of a sudden, two motherfucking corrupted Rockbreakers busted out and attacked like madmen!
A corrupted Rockbreaker is a real challenge to fight
I had a real hard time with these guys... They hit hard, they move fast and they have to be re-scanned every time they come out of the  ground. Thankfully, they are vulnerable to ice, so I took out my slingshot and tried to freeze them as often as possible, taking shots at them whenever possible. They have a ton of health though, so it wasn't going that great, and I had to use all my medicinal herbs and some potions to survive.

Eventually, I managed to rope one down and put on a bunch of explosives on it, killing it. The last one was easier to kill because he was alone, but I still had to be very careful. Needless to say, this was a long fight and it was very stressful, but I'm proud to have survived it. My brother was really impressed with the whole thing too, so that was fun!