February 28, 2017

Final Fantasy XV

Date played: February 27th
Platform: PS4

I spent some time doing a few hunts at Hunter HQ, two of which brought me to the Steyliff Grove dungeon. Unfortunately, this dungeon is only available at night, which brought to light one of the more annoying problems of Final Fantasy XV; you can't move time forward...

This means I left Hunter HQ in the Regalia, went to the parking spot near the Vesperpool, walked to the dungeon and waited there until the in-game day ended. This takes a while... so I ran around fighting weak monsters in the meantime, but it was boring as fuck.
Tonberry is as menacing as ever with his little chef's knife and lantern
The two hunts were pretty cool. One of them had me fight 3 high level liches, so I used my best skills to defeat them. I'm starting to really like Ignis' Overwhelm technique. This makes all the guys attack with really strong attacks for a good long time, and keeps them invincible during the whole thing, it's actually crazy powerful... The second hunt was a rematch against Quezacoatl, the dungeon's boss.

The other hunts were pretty straight forward, and I've completed all of the hunts available at Hunter HQ except one, which requires that I rank up some more first. I even fought a Tonberry!