May 31, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: May 30th
Platform: PC

Overwatch is becoming a daily ritual at this point. I haven't touched Rocket League in a while, and nothing else really. Even with only about 12 maps, Overwatch has really addicting gameplay. Even when my team gets crushed like an ant, I still have a great fucking time!

Most of my time was spent with Reinhardt again, he really fits my style. He's an imposing figure on the field and he is feared by all but the bravest heroes. He defends his team and while there's no stats to show for it, I think he makes a huge difference in any match if he's used well. I think I'm doing a damn good job with him, as long as my teammates know to stay in a group.

In one of my matches, I got to fight another Reinhardt one on one a few times. It's kind of a weird battle, but it's fun. I was a better Reinhardt than him and won most of my direct battles with him. Interestingly, the hammer has very good range and can be used to hit through shields and barriers. So a good strategy against another Reinhardt is to use fire strike as often as possible, strafe a lot to avoid the fire strike and charge moves and swing the hammer a lot. It feels good to take one down, since this means the way is safer for my team.

I had a few good matches with Symmetra as well. Turret placement is very difficult, but when done correctly, it can disrupt a team's attack very well. Her teleporter is always a momentum changer and her weapon is stronger than you would expect. When we have another Reinhardt and a healer, I play as Symmetra.
It's always a good idea to have a Soldier 76 on your team
During one match, I played with Soldier 76 a bit more and was better than before. The trick with him is to just keep firing into the fray from mid range. His rifle is actually devastating, but I have to be careful of people rushing me. Bastion is also a bitch to deal with as Soldier 76. I had some nice matches with him and I am appreciating his impact a lot more. He's very deadly, even if he's slightly boring.