May 4, 2016

Transformers Devastation

Date played: May 4th
Platform: PS4

Here's another game I haven't touched in awhile. I was kind of keeping it for playing with my daughter, but Ratchet & Clank came out and she lost interest, so I picked it back up last night. Just like when I played Ori, I was rusty as fuck...

The first battle I got into was against the chapter boss, Devastator, who is a giant transformer made from all the Constructicons. That was a really bad place for me to relearn the game... I died many many times as I got to grips with the controls. After a while, I got the hang of it and made it out alive... barely.
Devastator vs Optimus
The second chapter begins with Megatron saying that he transform Earth into a planet similar to Cybertron, killing all humans in the process. Megatron is using the Insecticons to do the work, so the Autobots must enter a buried Cybertronian ship that contains all of their "culture". They want to turn off it's power supply to stop the Insecticons from pursuing their work, without affecting the important data stored within.

I upgraded some weapons, bought a new skill and changed up my equipment. I'm using Optimus exclusively now since he seems to be the most balanced of the Autobots. I've got a hard hitting hammer, a sword, some fast blasters and a missile launcher, so it works out pretty well. Deep in the tunnels of the ship, I fought a variety of Insecticons, then was confronted by Soundwave himself!

Soundwave had his two animalistic companions with him, so I dispatched those guys first, then attacked Soundwave. He wasn't too hard honestly, and he ran away after a few solid hits, but I'm sure I'll see him again. I then got onto a moving platform, grabbed a turret and defended myself against a swarm of flying Insecticons. it was a pretty cool sequence.