May 26, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: May 25th
Platform: PC

Well, it's official, I'm in love with Overwatch.

I ended up playing with my friend yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I rocked Reinhardt while he picked Mercy, a healer, and later Pharah, a rocket launching valkyrie. We did rather well together. I'm starting get a better feel for using Reinhardt a bit more aggressively by spamming the fire strike ranged attack more often. I'm also getting better at aiming the rocket boost and I swing the hammer more than before.

Our best play was on a payload map on defense. The enemy team was getting really close to victory, with more than 5 minutes remaining to the match. The payload was in a hallway with few side paths, so I stood my ground with the big tank and protected my team as they shot through my shield to decimate enemy forces. I evaded Hanzo's ultimate ability, a giant flying dragon that kills everything in it's path, then rushed in and slammed my hammer in his face until he died, then I rushed a Widowmaker, disrupting her attacks, then killed a Soldier 76 who got too close. Meanwhile, my buddy was flying around shooting rockets at their healers. We won, and I feel that we wouldn't have stood a chance without me. It was fucking glorious.
Me and my buddy win a game. He's Mercy, the lady in white, and I'm Reinhardt, the large metal knight.
Later, I played with Zenyatta again, though I'm finding it hard to keep people healed up without another healer on the team. His attack orbs hit hard though, and his discord orb is absolutely amazing at destroying enemy tanks. In a match where I felt we needed a bit more healing, I switched to Lucio, a Brazilian dude on rollerblades who heals and boosts the team's speed with a boombox. Yes, it's crazy.

He's a lot of fun to play. His gun is also pretty useful because it has good range a satisfying three round burst firing rate. He can also throw up a big shield for a few seconds with his ultimate and can boost his healing temporarily when shit hits the fan hard. He's very vulnerable to offensive characters though. Reaper, Roadhog and Widowmaker have taken me down often when playing as Lucio. Now all I want to do is go back home and keep playing.