May 13, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: May 12th
Platform: PC

Last night, I built up a bit of a rivalry with a dude named Chaoswolf1995. While he's 13 years younger than me, according to his user name anyway, we had very similar play styles and skill level. I spent most of my evening in a lobby with this guy, so naturally, we ended up butting against each other pretty often.

This kid had a bit of a negative attitude, sending out ironic "What a Save!" comments when a teammate missed a save, so I felt like I had to show this guy some humility. He's actually pretty damn good though, so it turned into a huge battle between me and him. We are both very average at aerial play, but we are also both really good at long range, intelligent play. This resulted in some cool battles from the end of each zone.
I block Chaoswolf1995's red Octane with my teal Merc
My best moment is when I raced this guy to the ball while I was on the attack, then I clipped the ball slightly to direct it towards the goal. If I had let the ball go at this point, Chaoswolf1995 would have saved it easily. Instead, I used my momentum to bump him, acting as a shield between him and the ball. While this sounds rather simple, it was done at incredibly high speeds, so I'm really proud of that play. He was also very visibly frustrated by it.

Don't get me wrong, he beat me many times too, it was a huge back and forth all evening. I love it when I find myself a rival in Rocket League, it makes every game more personal, every play more emotional, and that's fun!