May 21, 2016

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Date played: May 20th
Platform: PS4

My brother wanted to check out Uncharted 4, so I played a short while to show him the game. Nate and Sully are trying to escape the market as a bunch of goons were sent by Rafe to attack them. In the market, I shot my way through, avoiding large APC vehicles with turrets. There was a lot of action here, lots of climbing to avoid the enemies and even a bit of rope swinging in the heat of the action!

We soon jumped into a Jeep to escape the city, and that's when an absolutely mind-blowing chase sequence began. It was really something special, as the duo of adventurers drove like maniacs through the city, avoiding fire from APC's, enemy Jeeps and even motorcycles. It's really hard to describe how fucking exciting that whole sequence was, I think it may be my favorite level in the game yet!
Mud skiing?

Sam is trying to escape by riding a motorcycle, so we are trying to catch up with him, killing everything in our path along the way. I can climb on vehicles and hijack them. I can shoot from the back of trucks also, with enemy vehicles blowing up spectacularly in the process. The best part is when I would hook onto a vehicle with my grappling hook, then slide behind them like a madman, being dragged around like a rag doll. I could even shoot while doing that, it's fucking insane. I died a few times in a later segment of the chase that had more enemies, so we stopped playing there. This mission was so awesome that I think I might just restart the chapter next time I play so I can enjoy it again.