May 30, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: May 29th
Platform: PC

Well, I haven't played another video game in almost a week, so I think it's safe to say that Overwatch has it's claws in me and won't fucking let go! I played for hours yesterday, most of which were spent playing with my friend. I've been still focusing on Reinhardt and Symmetra, though I dabbled with Soldier 76 a few times. I like him, but it's pretty rare that we don't have a bunch of people to play offense, so I don't think I'll use him often.

I played with Roadhog a little bit too, but I didn't like him too much. I think I just don't like his weapon that much. I'm getting better and better everyday with both Reinhardt and Symmetra. With Reinhardt, I'm learning to use my fire strike ranged attack more often. It deals decent damage and travels far, it's just a little tricky to aim. It's proven to be amazing against turrets and Bastions in turret form.

With Symmetra, I'm becoming more aggressive. I'm baiting opponents into following me to my turret nest, then attacking them with my primary weapon. While it doesn't work all the time, it works often enough that I've taken out offensive characters on my own plenty of times. Heroes like Genji, Tracer, Soldier 76 and even Reaper have fallen to my beams of death. When the action is too hot for me, I stand back and throw my large orbs at range, hoping to get a few hits at choke points.

Finally, I had fun trying out Junkrat for the first time. This guy is a bit of a trickster... He's not strong enough to be on the front lines, almost any character can take it out a close range, but he's a menace from behind. His grenades can be launched a long distance and deal heavy damage. It's easy to pester the enemy from afar.
I destroy a couple of heroes as Junkrat
He's got a cool trap too, which will stop a hero from moving for a short time, perfect for eating a few grenades in the face. He also has a remote bomb that can be used offensively, but also can be used to propel Junkrat into the air to reach high ground. Finally, he's got one of the coolest ultimates in the game... He launches an explosive tire that can be driven deep behind enemy lines, useful for taking out healers and other squishy heroes. He's pretty awesome, I definitely want to play with him again.

It looks like I've got a character I like in every class now. Soldier 76 for offense, Junkrat for defense, Reinhardt for tank and Symmetra for support. I also enjoy Lucio when we really need a healer. I can't stop thinking about this game and I just want to get better and better.