May 27, 2016

Overwatch

Date played: May 26th
Platform: PC

I tried out a couple of new characters last night. In a couple of matches, we already had a tank and a healer, so I picked Reaper to see if I liked him. He's an offensive hero armed with two powerful shotguns, a teleport, a temporary invulnerability and a big damage dealing ultimate. He definitely feels more like a regular "shooter" guy, getting in close to rip apart people with the shotguns.

I liked him, but his usefulness is limited. He hits like a fucking truck up close, but he also goes down rather quickly. At one point, I used him to take out a Reinhardt's shield who was guarding the objective. It worked pretty well. I got taken out by a Tracer a few times though.

The other character I tried was a lot more fun for me. Symmetra is a support character that can give shields to teammates, build little stationary turrets and can build a teleporter. She also has a beam gun that is devastating at close range and can be charged up to send a slow moving orb from long range.
Symmetra is difficult to use, but very powerful
She is very satisfying to use and I feel like she's very helpful for the team, even more than Zenyatta. The turrets aren't amazing, but when placed correctly, they definitely disrupt the enemy team. Her weapon auto-aims at close range, so I've taken out multiple Tracers, Genji's, Lucio's and even Mei's.

The single best use of Symmetra is the teleporter though. I feel like I've totally changed the tide of the battle by placing a teleporter in a smart spot, helping my team's damage dealers get into the fight quickly. I often defended the teleporter room with turrets and my gun, while applying shields to my friends who came out of the portal. I definitely love playing as Symmetra, though I think I still have a lot to learn with her.

I also played a few rounds as Reinhardt and Lucio and I think I did well with them overall. I had a great moment with Reinhardt where I stopped an entire team from moving the payload for a long period by using my ultimate to stun them, slamming into a Reaper with the charge move, then swinging my giant hammer like a madman in the middle of the enemy pack.