May 17, 2016

Life Is Strange

Date played: May 16th
Platform: PS4

I continued playing Episode 4 as Max and Chloe's search for Rachel intensifies. It started at the school's dorm where I spoke with the students and staff in the yard. We needed to figure out where Nathan is so that we could safely break into his room and steal a cellphone and find other clues. I had some nice conversations with Samuel, the groundskeeper. I also convinced Daniel, the bullied sketch artist, to come to the Vortex End Of The World party, we'll see if that's a good choice later...

When I was sure Nathan wasn't around, I broke into his room. The whole place is creepy as fuck. This kid clearly has some serious problems... His family is cold, demanding and ruthless. He's got a huge drug problem, and he takes hardcore medication. His room is dark and covered in bondage photos... I found the phone then headed out to meet Chloe. That's precisely when Nathan showed up and threatened us with a gun just for being in the boys dorm... Warren appeared from out of nowhere and beat the shit out of Nathan, but I stopped him before it got too serious.

The girls then went to meet Frank at the beach to try and convince him to share his client list so that we could link Nathan's drug purchases with his actions against Kate. This was a really tough conversation and I had to rewind it multiple times before I said all the right things. In the end, Frank isn't such a bad guy. It seems like him and Rachel were truly in love, and that he wants to find her more than anyone, so after a series of failed attempts where he attacked Chloe, he agreed to give us the list of clients. He also gave us the gun back...
The best gameplay sequence in the game
After the incident, the two young women went back to Chloe's room to put all their clues together. This included stuff from David, Nathan and Frank. This was easily the best gameplay sequence in the game yet. I had to analyze tons of clues by examining pictures, documents and photos. I then had to select the right clues to continue the investigation. I cracked open a cell phone, I put together coordinates, dates and times and eventually, we had a clear picture of the evening of the party where Kate was drugged. It all led to a barn on the outskirts of town...

When the women reached the barn, I stopped playing. I feel like I'm going to find something horrific inside, but I'm going to try and stay positive.