April 12, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: April 12th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 8/10

I made my way to the Sacred Grounds, where I had to meet with the elder who would guide me in my quest. To my surprise, when I dropped from the sky, Groose followed me! The red-haired pompadour who is in love with Zelda wanted to follow me to find his love. In a hilarious scene, he grabbed on to Link and fell with him to the surface. His animations and sounds were really great...

Groose is hilarious...
They both met with the elder. A mysterious time portal appeared, but could not be activated just yet as Link's sword had to be more powerful. The portal also re-awakened and unsealed The Imprisoned, a horrific beast. I think it was the thing that created the giant tornado at the beginning of the game. Anyway, I had to fight it and stop it from reaching the temple. I repelled it by stabbing it's cute little white toes, then striking a stone slab into it's brain with my sword. It was resealed, but only temporarily.

It was soon revealed that I had to find three sacred flames to imbue my sword with more power, located in the forest, the volcano and the desert. To continue, I have to find the right person in Skyloft to help me progress. I figured this was a good time to talk to some people and complete a few side quests.

I bought a bigger wallet, then explored the town at night. I found a few orange crystals lying around, so that was nice. I also found two side quests. In one, I had to bring a stamina potion to one of the villagers who was doing push-ups during the night in his room. In another, I had to deliver a love letter and get involved in a love triangle between some students. I actually had the opportunity to give the letter to a ghost that needed paper in the bathroom... but my daughter thought that was mean and asked me to deliver the letter to it's rightful owner.