April 27, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: April 26th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 9/10

I made good progress to reach the first sacred flame in Faron Woods. I explored the inside of the great tree in the middle of the forest, only to find a lone Kikwi hermit. He gave me clues to find the sacred flame, which led me to a mysterious gate near a huge waterfall on the eastern edge of the forest. I opened the gate by drawing a symbol on it with my sword, then jumped down into beautiful Lake Floria.

Some odd, squid-like creatures met Link and guided him to the Water Dragon through some underwater caverns. When I found the Water Dragon, it asked me for some help to find some sacred water so that it can heal itself. If I succeed, the dragon will show me the way to the sacred flame I am looking for. The search for sacred water took me all the way back to the first temple I beat at the other end of the forest. Some new enemies populated the temple, including a trio of hardcore skeletons that were pretty difficult to beat. I ended up using bombs to weaken them and stun them, then I swiped at them with my sword. I had to use a potion to survive, but it led me to the sacred water.
The next dungeon?
I made my way back to the Water Dragon and gave her the water. She grew into a magnificent, wonderful creature and agreed to show me the way to the first sacred flame. She stopped a nearby waterfall from flowing which revealed the door to what must be a new dungeon. I went back to town to resupply potions and was able to upgrade my slingshot. It can show shoot a wide scatter shot. I also bought the third shield that is immune to electricity and fire.