April 24, 2015

Battlefield Hardline

Date played: April 23rd
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I started by playing a few Heist rounds, but wasn't doing that great, so I decided to try another mode, Blood Money. Blood Money is a weird twist on Capture the Flag... The concept is pretty simple. There is a pile of cash in the middle of the map. Both teams try to grab some cash and bring it back to their vault. The winner is the team that fills their vault first. It makes for some really interesting battles in the middle of the map.

Blood Money is fucking awesome!
To grab money, players have to stay near the pile and gradually fill their backpacks. This means that the money pile is a high risk, high reward area. To add to the tension, players can steal from the opposing team's vault, so it spreads out the battles a bit. I ended up focusing on getting to the money pile, waiting for an opening (or making one by shooting fools in the fucking face), grabbing a bunch of cash and speeding away on a bike or in a truck. I was a good driver for my team too, as I made sure to position cars in a way that made it easy to escape.

I love playing Blood Money, though I only got to play it on one map so far. I definitely want to try it again.