April 11, 2015

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Date played: April 10th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through one level in the twin tower mansion. Now that I've turned on the water valves, vegetation has started growing more and more. While some plants blocked the way and had to be fought or sucked into the vacuum, others helped me reach new areas.

We inspected the picture Toad had taken on the roof. I saw the mysterious key there as well as a new type of ghost. Most of the level was pretty standard fare for the game. There was a cool looking solarium room and a fun battle against three blue ghosts in a bedroom. There was also a creepy as fuck dollhouse where Luigi could leer into a window and see himself...
Creepy dollhouse...

When I reached the roof's interior pool room, I had to fight the new type of ghost, pink. These guys aren't that hard to fight, but they can scare Luigi and interrupt his attacks. As I grabbed the key, the friendly little ghost dog stole it and threw it out the window...