April 18, 2015

NHL 15

Watch out for the Hamburglar in NHL 16!
Date played: April 17th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

In the spirit of the Stanley Cup playoff series going on right now, I played three games of NHL 15 against one of my brothers. As in real life, the Ottawa Senators and the Montreal Canadiens battled for victory. My bro completely dominated the first game, winning it with a solid 6-2. The second game was a lot closer, but he still won 3-1. Finally, I got my revenge with a conquering 5-1 win.

The thing is, me and my brother play very different styles of hockey. He is very good at dangling the puck and aiming his shots at the smallest openings in the goalie's defenses. I am very good defensively and don't allow a lot of shots. I set up great plays too. The big problem I have is that I simply can't aim the fucking puck for shit. I end up relying on brute force, rebounds, precise passing, puck tips and just getting pucks to the net. It works, but if I could aim, I would be so much better...