April 3, 2015

Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Date played: April 2nd
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played two missions and I feel like I am getting really close to the end of the game. I fought a large boss in Oz, to save the aptly named Queen Ozma. The boss was a gargoyle looking thing that protected it's weak point with it's wings. I had to kill all of it's minions for him to reveal the weak spot. Even then, he was rather difficult to beat as the weak point was on it's chest, so I had to attack him from the front. He also hit really fucking hard, so I had to be very careful.
The gargoyle monster protects his weak spot with it's wings

We saved the queen and were ready to go back to Antarctica to destroy the final alien base. Using A.B.E., we started drilling down in the ice to reach the base. I had to protect it from aliens while it did it's work. I faced off against another gigantic alien with lots of HP. I had to kill it before it reached A.B.E.. The map was tricky to navigate, as it was filled with cliffs and impassable paths. I had to use long range weapons to really take it down, including a tank. The drill worked and we are now reaching the alien base.