April 21, 2015

Mario Kart 7

Date played: April 20th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 2/10

Urgh...
I wanted to race against my friend in Mario Kart 7 over the internet, but it turns out it's not really an easy process. I was faced with a persistent "Please Wait" screen when connecting to the internet. When I did manage to connect, I discovered that the only way to play against a friend is to join an worldwide match, then to have the other player "join" the race.

It's a shitty process as it stands, but it was made even worse by the fact that we never actually managed to get it working. We had a variety of problems, including crashing, error messages, system freezes and disconnections. I raced twice, thinking my friend would join eventually, but it never happened. I did have fun in two races, playing as Donkey Kong. I actually won both races too, so that felt pretty good. Too bad the whole thing never worked...