April 20, 2015

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Date played: April 19th
Platform: Wii
Session fun rating: 7/10

I only played a little bit of Zelda with my daughter. Back in Skyloft, I spoke with some people to get some hints about what to do next, the main objective still being to find the three flames that will improve Link's sword. I learned the lyrics of the goddess' song by talking to the headmaster, but more importantly, I learned how and where to play the song.

Link reveals the path to the next area with Zelda's harp
It is said that the tower in Skyloft will show the way when the two windmills face it. I had already found one of the windmills and positioned it to face the tower, but the second was missing it's propeller. Apparently, it flew down to the surface because of high winds. Finding it wouldn't be enough though, as I still had to carry it back up to the town. To do this, I gave a special item to the blacksmith in town. In exchange, he let me use his grandfather's old decrepit robot. The machine is the same as the ones I found in the desert, though it responds better to Fi, my friendly little blue lady, than to Link. I found the propeller by using the dousing ability of the sword. It was hidden near the volcano temple's entrance and brought it back to town. It revealed a new path in the sky, but that's where I had to stop playing.