April 5, 2015

Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Date played: April 4th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through most of the last missions in Code Name S.T.E.A.M.. This game has got some very difficult sections... I mean, a lot of it needs very meticulous, slow movement. I really don't like how the weak spots work either, the aiming is just too loose to be fun. I think I would have preferred just a percentage chance to hit than to manually aim these shit weapons...

Anyway, I managed to make good progress despite this. The big bad enemy, the Shoggoth, is hidden below the depths of Antarctica. I made my way through some tricky levels until I reached a large ice egg of sorts. I had to shoot at the thing for a long time until it broke and revealed a passage down to the alien boss lair.
My team of weirdos gets ready for battle

Finally, I took on the toughest mission in the game yet, a deadly battle against some hardcore enemies. I was even forced to split my team into 2 squads. I stuck Tiger Lily with The Fox and put Califia with Henry. It worked pretty well, but I didn't have a decent weapon to hit weak spots with the second squad. This was quite a battle of attrition. I inched slowly through every corner, sometimes spending 5 or more turns holding a single spot. It was painful, difficult and honestly, not that much fun. The whole place was filled with the toughest enemies in the game... I made it through after more than an hour, but am not ready to take on the very last map in the game!