December 25, 2014

Work, work, work

Date played: December 24th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

December 24th is a weird day to be working. People are all thinking about their Christmas plans and many people are off work. To give some context, in my work place there is a room with a very large screen used for presentations. I brought my PS3 and hooked it up to play with a few co-workers.

We first played Scott Pilgrim vs the World with 3 players. One of the players is far from being a regular gamer, but this is the kind of game that anyone can pick up and play a few minutes. Together, we battled the enemies on the first level and managed to beat the boss. Scott Pilgrim is a very approachable game, so I was glad that everyone had a good time. There were some great comments about the bouncing boobs too...

I then played a bit of Soul Calibur IV with my friend. She is VERY competitive, but has no experience with that game. She learned quickly and started giving me a real challenge after only a few rounds. Of course, being new to the game, she seemed to enjoy spamming the same few moves, most of which I could block and counter-attack fairly well, but I had to stay concentrated to win. She won a few rounds though, so I have to give credit where it's due. Good work friend. Good work.

We then played a bit of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, but she didn't like that as much since it's a bit more technical. She was still pulling out some hadoken's and giving it her best though, she even managed an ultra combo by accident!