December 30, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

It's funny because it's true!
Date played: December 29th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I spent a lot of time just exploring and finding the new secrets I had unlocked with the dozens of kinstone fusions I had done the last time I played. This meant I traveled a lot using the ocarina. I went back to the mountain, the forest, the two Hyrule fields and tons of other spots. I found rupees, heart pieces, other kinstones and completed a few small side quests.

I discovered that I could reveal shrinking stumps by running into them with the Pegasus boots, which opened up a few new paths. Along the way, I found Tingle and two of his brothers. These cute fairies promised me treasure if I fused kinstones with all of them. There's a 4th one I haven't found yet though. I also found out that I could flip over shrinking pots with the rod, but I haven't had a chance to play with that yet. This opens up tons of options for exploration in Hyrule town... I haven't even sniffed around the next dungeon yet.