December 20, 2014

Brother n.4, Christmas edition

Me and my bro looked like this a lot tonight
Date played: December 20th
Platform: PS4, Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

My brother from New Brunswick is visiting for the holidays, so of course, we ended up gaming together a bit. We started with some Baribariball to warm up. He had never played it, so it took him a few rounds to get comfortable. Unfortunately, he never really got to a level where I could play at my best and have a good match, it just wasn't his type of game I guess.

Then he wanted to see Advanced Warfare, so I played two multiplayer matches and did really damn well. I had some amazing firefights against a few players. In one incredible moment, I got a few hits on a dude, double jumped and dashed out of the way, threw a smoke grenade to confuse him, then finished him off as he was scrambling to locate me. My bro was impressed with the mobility options, the cool equipment and kill streaks and the dynamic maps. He also played the first mission of the game and was very impressed with the graphics and general feel of the game.

Finally, we booted up Forza Horizon 2. Having played only the demo, we were happy to see the opening of the game. We were both very much impressed with the game in general. I picked the Camaro SS as my first car and enjoyed it's beautiful design, roaring engine and raw power. I played two races, including one that partially took place in rainy weather. The weather effects really look wonderful and adds some excitement to the racing. While I didn't play too much, I really look forward to digging deep into this game.