December 29, 2014

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS demo

Meh.
Date played: December 29th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 5/10

I have such a weird history with the Smash Bros. series... Unlike most Nintendo fans, I don't really like this series. I played the original a couple of times at friend's houses and enjoyed it, but wasn't amazed. I played quite of bit of Melee when I first had a Gamecube, and while I liked it, I never really got hooked. I have never played Brawl at all on Wii.

I decided to try the demo for the 3DS one and see if I like it, but honestly, it's still fucking Smash. To me, that's not really that exciting. The demo features 5 characters and one level. I played with each character available against a few AI enemies.

Mario feels a bit weak and is the only time I lost a match to the AI. MegaMan is a lot of fun and has some really cool moves. Link is amazing as always. Pikachu was all right, but nothing crazy. Finally, the Villager from Animal Crossing was absolutely fantastic. His unique moves and funny movements made him the most fun to play.

I don't know, I guess I just don't like Smash that much.