December 14, 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3

Date played: December 13th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I had a horrible experience the first time I played this game, but the problems have since been patched and corrected. I played through a few levels in multiplayer with my girlfriend where we discovered that the little dude we were helping was a complete idiot who wanted to revive the titans. With my help, he succeeded and became the game's main villain.

His mom told me I should be looking to reawaken the old guardians, Oddsock, Swoop and Toggle. The first on the list is Oddsock. To summon him, we were asked to find 3 magical jewels in different levels. Interestingly, the game has a small hub world with 3 other levels accessible from it. It's new to the series and adds some exploration to the gameplay.

Sackboy, in space!
The only level that really stood out to me in the ones we played had a 1950's vibe and some sections taking place in space! The best part were the sections with zero gravity. Our little sack people could float anywhere to navigate the levels. It was pretty awesome.