December 10, 2014

Driveclub

Date played: December 9th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I gotta be honest here, I booted up Driveclub only to check out it's new photo mode. I was surprised to see that challenges were now working! Our club had been challenged on a time trial and a few others. When I saw the time posted by my clan mate, I thought I would give it a try to improve our position on the leaderboard. The event was in one of the slower Audi's. I gave it a solid go and improved our position from 23rd to 15th in a single attempt. I'm sure I could do a lot better, but I was here for photo mode, so I left it at that.

Whoa...
Photo mode is just as you expect it to be. I booted up a single race in a Ferrari to see how it works. I didn't even get past the first corner in the race, but I took my first pic and I think it looks fucking gorgeous. You be the judge. The mode has potential for much cooler pics too, but as a quick first attempt, I was satisfied.