December 8, 2014

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Date played: December 7th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played through 3 campaign missions and played a lot of Domination in multiplayer. After tracking the plane with the special cargo, we used special exo suits and mag strips to skydive onto the plane, cut off it's wings and make it crash land in a snowy area where our troops were waiting. This turned into a pretty cool mission where we were fighting Atlas in the ice-covered area. We even fought in ice caverns after some cave ins. It all looked very pretty too. In the end, we managed to recover the cargo and get out of there alive.

With the use of the cargo and Gideon, we infiltrated a bio lab where Atlas was building it's weapons of mass destruction. Irons is a really good villain... He made a speech at the UN where he basically called everyone useless and admitted to building weapons capable of genocide. He basically declared war on every government in the world... We were trying to get to the bio lab to minimize Atlas' destruction capabilities. The mission itself was awesome. The lab is built under the cover of a large camouflaged canopy. We got in there, shot the whole place up, including an epic fight against a minigun wielding maniac and destroyed the weapons. To escape, we stole a prototype hover tank. That thing was incredibly fun to drive! I shot dozens of enemy tanks, VTOL's and helicopters with it, and probably over 100 soldiers.
This hover tank was amazing!
The last mission I played took place entirely on a road, and the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco. Sentinel is basically trying to cripple Atlas, and their strongest amalgamation of troops was in the San Francisco bay. We first chased a suspicious truck using a powerful jeep equipped with an awesome gun, which led us to the Golden Gate bridge. We crashed and fought soldiers on the bridge to reach the target truck. When we got to it, it released a bunch of drones that blew up the entire bridge!

Finally, I played a bunch of multiplayer and for once, I was pretty hot. I've had a bit of trouble getting up to speed in Advanced Warfare, but it's kind of normal. Every year it's the same thing. I start off slow, and get very good after a bit of practice. I changed a few things to my setup that help me be a bit better. I now use the invisibility exo ability, which cloaks me for a short time. It's easy to spot a cloaked player, but it still gives me a few milliseconds. I also use a new red dot sight that makes it a lot easier to aim well for me.

I did pretty damn fucking good, getting my kill streaks a lot and being well over 1.0 K/D for the majority of my matches. I'm getting there!