December 17, 2014

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Date played: December 16th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played Advanced Warfare multiplayer with my brother last night and had a great time! We started with a few domination matches, but we struggled like crazy... I was happy if I could just reach 1.0 K/D, and we lost badly.

We jumped into the new moshpit playlist which mixes in many different game types. Right away, I started doing pretty good. My trusty Hasty Pytaek showed it's teeth in modes that have more defined choke points. Kill Confirmed, Team Deathmatch and Domination don't change much.

Riot is one of my favorite maps
However, Hardpoint is basically King of the Hill, which means people swarm towards the scoring area all at once. My stable, long range LMG has proven to be very powerful if I stand at a distance with line of sight on the scoring zone.

The most interesting mode we tried was Uplink, which is basically handball with guns. There is a ball and two goal "nets" on either end of the map. The objective is to grab the ball and throw it in the opposing team's net. When holding the ball, the player can't shoot, but has increased armor, faster run speed and can only use melee attacks. It sounds crazy, and it is. It's also incredibly fun! It creates little groups of people protecting the runner and huge firefights. The fact that the ball holder is visible to everyone adds to the tension. My brother and I both managed to score a goal in our match and we won 4-0. I'm surprised, but I really fucking liked this mode!