December 31, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Date played: December 30th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

Man, this game is filled with stuff to do! Fusing Kinstones reveals so many different things to explore and find, it's kind of insane. I spent most of my time flipping over pots with my cane to shrink down in town, digging through dirt doors to reach new areas and completing a library quest to get the swimming gear.

In town, shrinking down opened up a lot of new activities and people to talk to. I found the construction crew and made them build a house for one of the ladies from the inn. I bought a bunch of hint books at the post office. I found Minish hiding pretty much everywhere in town. I even found a weird scientist!

The Minish are all over the place!
Outside the city, I used the digging mitts to open a new type of door, basically a dirt door. These digging sections often lead to treasure and new areas. In the process, I managed to gain two new hearts from heart pieces.

The only story related thing I did was to complete a quest to return 3 books to the library. These books actually serve as a structure for the Minish living in the library and when found, would let me talk with the elder of the building. I had to do a bunch of weird stuff to get the books back though. I used some water in a bottle to put out a fire in a fireplace, so that I could reach the roof of a house when shrunk. I found a power bracelet that lets me move shit around when shrunk, which let me get into the scientist's house and grab the book there. I even went to Lake Hylia to the mayor's cabin to recover the book he had.

After all that, I met the elder in the library who dropped me into an underground area where I found the flippers! I can now swim, both in normal and shrunken forms. This opened up many exploration options, so I ended up spending a lot of time finding little nooks and crannies only available by swimming.

I finally reached the next dungeon, the Temple of Droplets in the middle of Lake Hylia, but haven't started it yet.