March 31, 2014

FTL

Date played: March 30th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I'm not quite sure why, but I really wanted to play FTL last night. It's been a while since I last played it, so my first run didn't go very well. I used the engi ship, which has an ion cannon to disable enemy systems and a drone bay. I really like it as I was able to keep the shields down with the ion shots, while damaging the ship with an attack drone. I died because I forgot how to repair the hull.

My ship's glorious demise
I gave it another go and reached the end boss this time. I had a solid crew, a fully powered weapons system, full shields, a heavy laser and hull beam and enough power to launch a level 2 attack drone. I destroyed everything in my path pretty easily actually, but couldn't take out the last boss. That thing is so fucking strong, it's incredible. I did damage it a little bit, but fire and death came quickly. I unlocked the stealth ship, so maybe I'll try that one next time.