March 30, 2014

Hearthstone

Date played: March 29th and 30th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I like the rogue. I like her a lot.

Valeera is fucking awesome
I unlocked all of Valeera Sanguinar's cards and I really like how she plays. Maybe it's because of the way I built the deck too, but I won a LOT with her in both casual and ranked modes. The deck I built revolves around her class cards and cards that have summoning abilities. At times, I had the maximum number of minions on the board. None of them are very strong on their own, but in numbers I was able to overwhelm my opponents, and I did it quickly. Her spells focus on weapon damage and low cost stuff, which leaves a lot of wiggle room for versatility. I only have a few cards that are strong on their own, most of it is weak but fast.

I also played with the priest a bit and I like him too, though he seems somewhat weak overall. Of course, his focus is on healing, and he has a few cards that really enhance that. I built his deck around healing spells and creatures that get stronger when they are hurt, since I can heal them. I haven't lost with him yet, which is a great sign, considering I haven't even unlocked all his basic cards.