March 8, 2014

Skylanders Giants

Spyro is fun to play
Date played: March 8th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

My daughter wanted me to play some Skylanders, so of course, I obliged and played through a full level. This was an assault on the bad guy's home, a trap-filled castle. The monsters are getting tougher and tougher, so some of my Skylanders are starting to struggle as I haven't upgraded them as much as my better characters. For example, my daughter put on Hex, a witch. Hex is already slow as fuck, doesn't hit that hard and is pretty weak overall. I used her to take on one of the arena-type areas of the level, but had to swap her out before the battle was over to avoid death. I also used my main stays, Drobot and Prism Break, so that went well. I had fun with Spyro too. Spyro has good abilities and even without any upgrades, he held his own and got enough money to upgrade his fireballs.