March 30, 2014

Skylanders Giants

Slam Bam is a badass
Date played: March 29th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

I finished Skylanders Giants!

The last level was pretty fun overall, but I ran into a nasty glitch. Twice, I had to pull the power plug out of the Wii U because it froze, and both times it was in the same room. While this was very frustrating, it did give me lots of gold and exp, which I used to upgrade Slam Bam a bit more. He's very strong now and can take quite a beating.  Spyro is now fully upgraded, as is Drobot. Cynder is much stronger now too. I found that I liked him a lot more now that the enemies hit really hard, because his ghost attack allows him to go through enemies without damage.

The last boss was a real fucking bitch. It was Kaos in his robot, which I had to damage by attacking the arms. Unfortunately, there were a lot of strong minions alongside, which made me lose most of my Skylanders. If I had bought fewer, I probably would have died. In the end, we destroyed it and Skylands is safe....until I buy Swap Force that is.