March 21, 2014

Urban Trial Freestyle

ATTITUDE
Date played: March 20th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 6/10

I've been going through a few Vita games I got from PS+ because I'm running low on memory on the device. I have an upcoming month long trip where I will only bring my portable systems, so I want to make sure I have the best games with me. I figured I could try a few and delete what I don't like.

I started with Urban Trial Freestyle, a blatant Trials clone. This is a 2D motorcycle game, but it's not about racing, it's about navigating obstacle courses. I had played Trials quite a bit on 360 when it first came out and liked it. UTF seems like a pretty good clone so far, though the framerate is pretty low and distracting. I only played the tutorial and one real level and enjoyed it. I won't delete it just yet.