March 28, 2014

Hearthstone

Date played: March 26th, 27th and 28th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm winning more than I'm losing. I had three daily quests lined up, the first was to win three times, the second was to win twice with a warrior or rogue and the third was to win twice with a priest or warlock. I started by redoing my warrior deck from scratch and made it revolve around taunt creatures. The warrior doesn't have a lot of cool cards though, most of them revolve around building armor, using weapons and a few other direct damage cards. It doesn't have a lot of control cards though, and I tend to prefer that. I won quite a few casual matches either way, unlocked all the normal warrior cards and moved on to a new class.

The warlock is a weird class, but it's become my favorite so far. It's pretty much all based on self-sacrifice to gain power. It's a control heavy class and cards are usually high damage, but costly to the user. It's class ability is one of the best, but also most dangerous, as it lets you draw a card in exchange for two lives. I built my deck to be spell damage heavy with a few taunts thrown in for good measure. I don't use the warlock specific minions much though, they don't really seem worth it. One of the coolest cards is Hellfire, which damages everything on the board for high damage. I've won a lot with this one, unlocked all it's cards and reached rank 20 in the ranked play mode.

I fucking love the warlock
I played a bit with the mage again, to complete a quest. I remade her deck to be focused on pure control, including lost of cards that freeze and slow down the other player. This is where I lost my first match due to running out of cards against a warrior. He has high defense, I had lots of control, we both had low offense, so it went on too long and sucked. I'm not a huge fan of the mage, but she has some cool tricks.

Finally, I started playing the rogue a bit to unlock it's basic cards. I made the deck to be summon heavy and while I like it, I haven't managed a win with it yet. The rogue has a lot of low cost, high damage cards, but seems to run out of steam a little bit. Maybe when I have more of it's base cards it will be easier to make a decent deck.