March 21, 2014

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

Stranger and his ammo
Date played: March 20th
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played Stranger's Wrath back when it first came out on the original Xbox and loved it at the time. The HD release which I got free with PS+ is exactly the same game, with better graphics. It runs quite well on Vita and is quite pretty, but I'm not sure I'm ready to play this game again. I went through the tutorial and the reached the first town, using the funny animal ammo to progress.

The only problem I had with the game is that melee attacks are performed with the back touch when in first person mode. Back touch is almost never a good idea in my experience. I haven't deleted it because it's a competent game, but it might be the first one to go if I need space.